Courtesy. This is a word that gets a negative redefinition on a daily basis due to my career. I am a salesman! Sales is a rough business, and I see both the positive and negative sides on a daily basis. Now, I am not a pushy, brash, rude, or in anyway obnoxious salesman. I do the best I can to treat all potential and current customers with the utmost respect.
So what's my blog issue?
Lack of courtesy.
I sell absolutely fantastic food, such as Omaha Steaks, door to door. Often people say, "Wow, that looks great, but I want to let my spouse see it too before we make a decision." I tell them that it isn't a problem. Then they tell me when I should come back. At that point, I give them my business card, confirm the appointment, and go. 9 out of 10 times I return at the precise specified time and they are either not home or tell me that they aren't interested. Sometimes I waste an extra 2 HOURS per day and a huge amount of fuel.
My question is this:
I told you I will be there. I work for a reputable company. I am not pushy or rude. Why can't you, as a courteous human being, simply just CALL ME AND TELL ME YOU AREN"T INTERESTED RATHER THAN WASTE MY TIME AND FUEL!!!!!
This really pisses me off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
www.bbc.com
Post a Comment